Just for the record, things that I am pondering at the moment
1. Do clients need ideologies more than ideas these days? If an idea is just a way of bringing your positioning to life, and if we need positions not positionings perhaps we need to create not "big ideas" but "big ideologies".
2. Are behavious better explained by hormones rather than psychologies? If we really are more emotional creatures rather than rational creatures and emotions are largely set by hormonal as much as psychological factors then we better learn more about dopamine, vasopressin etc. in order to understand "consumer" behaviour.
3. Should we be modelling agents not networks? While studying networks there is a tendency to think of them as physical systems with flows, connections and linear relationships. But if they are really "complex adaptive systems" that have feedback loops, contain power laws and are NOT capable of being econometrically modelled then we might be better building simulations based on agents and study those, not keep trying to find the "equations" of the physical network.
4. Are specific guns full of really good specific metaphors? Colt 44 Six Shooter (better to get off six quick shots than wait and get off the one perfect one). Sniper's rifle (the opposite of the six shooter). Kalashnikov (easy and cheap to make, any idiot can use it, so robust it never jams in the jungle), Saturday Night Special (small but deadly when used with surprise and up close).
5. After reputation comes trust? We may have moved beyond image to reputation. Is "trust management" the thing beyond that?
6. More than sustainability we need resilience? Nothing wrong with sustainability but it assumes a rather stable, benign context. If the world is more volatile and (unwittingly) hostile than that, do we need to create resilient "green" technologies, not just "sustainable ones?
Most of these ideas have a "one step beyond" quality i.e. the new idea "holonically" emerges from the previous one, subsumes it but doesn't negate it.
This may of course be Madness...
Hey you, don't watch that
This is the heavy heavy monster sound
The nuttiest sound around
So if you've come in off the street
And you're beginning to feel the heat
Well listen buster
You better start to move your feet
To the rockinest, rock-steady beat
One step beyond